Odin»Forums
Rui Rosário
2 posts
Any Demo video planned?
Hello y'all,

I have come across Odin some time ago, before it even reached v0.1.0 and at that time I mostly followed it's development by watching the YouTube videos of the demos Bill did and then hacking away at it. However, I stopped following it shortly after v0.1.0 due to several personal reasons. Nonetheless, recently I remembered Odin and decided to check up on the progress. I noticed that the latest release version is v0.7.1 (which is a lot further than the last version I saw) and so I started going through the videos linked in the GitHub page (that I later discovered where also in the now existing official website). I was surprised to see that the last official Demo video dates back to version 0.3.0 (or similar). This lead me to the main question in this thread:

Are there any Demo videos post version 0.3.0 and if not is there any Demo video planned for the most recent version?

Thanks and continue the extraordinary work on Odin,
Rui Rosário
Ginger Bill
222 posts / 3 projects
I am ginger thus have no soul.
Any Demo video planned?
Hello,

A demo for the very recent features is coming soon. There is a lot of new features to demonstrate and thus it will have to be split across multiple videos.

- Bill
10 posts
None
Any Demo video planned?
gingerBill - Today at 5:04 PM
Yes. In a few days.
*Spoilers*

If you really like Odin, come join the #odin channel on the Handmade Network Discord! Even as it is, the language is quite usable. People are using it for some very interesting stuff actually
Rui Rosário
2 posts
Any Demo video planned?
gingerBill
Hello,

A demo for the very recent features is coming soon. There is a lot of new features to demonstrate and thus it will have to be split across multiple videos.

- Bill

Glad to know! Had a look through the latest demo.odin file and things seem a lot different, specially with all the parametric polymorphic procedures.

bpunsky
gingerBill - Today at 5:04 PM
Yes. In a few days.
*Spoilers*

If you really like Odin, come join the #odin channel on the Handmade Network Discord! Even as it is, the language is quite usable. People are using it for some very interesting stuff actually

Have to consider creating a Discord account for that then :P