Odin»Forums
Shazan Shums
159 posts
Some day I will make quality software. Programming FTW.
Does Odin support web programming yet?
Does Odin support web programming yet? I can think of the possibilities of creating a web site using it.
Mikkel
57 posts
So you're probably here to find some information about what I've done, what I am doing and what sort of person I am right? well... Good luck!
When you say webprogramming do you mean client-side in browser interaction? if so then no and it likely won't for a while if ever as that is mostly in control of the browser vendors, unless you transpile to something like asm.js or something.

As for writing a webserver, if you want you can get down and dirty with windows sockets and do it right now.
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
Hjortshoej
As for writing a webserver, if you want you can get down and dirty with windows sockets and do it right now.

Or just create cgi executable to produce dynamic pages.
Ginger Bill
222 posts / 3 projects
I am ginger thus have no soul.
If you can do you web programming in C, then Odin is even better for it. The problem is that Odin doesn't have a decent standard library yet (due to the flux in the language) which means you have to do everything from scratch. I've made a little http server demo in Odin before using the Winsock2 API in ~160 lines.

I honestly think that Odin will be great for numerous problem domains including server/web programming.